Monday 7 September 2015

Jamming with Chia!

Earlier in the summer I made some beautiful strawberry jam using natural pectin (http://nancyjoanne.blogspot.ca/2015/06/the-taste-of-summer.html) and then I found this recipe from Angela Liddon's Oh She Glows blog. IT'S THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD! Using chia as a thickener, this jam couldn't be easier. Adding a little maple syrup for sweetener, and the goodness of chia as a binder, we can eat this jam knowing it's not only delicious, it's also full of natural goodness.

I started with blueberry jam which turned out beautifully. This weekend I made peach. I will admit, it's not as attractive as the blueberry and maybe next time I might sweeten with a touch of honey since the maple syrup darkened it a little. I may also try it using no sweetener at all and see if this affects the thickening of the jam.

I have ordered some coronation grapes this week so can't wait to make my next batch. Toast never tasted so good!

Link for this easy recipe is below.










Peach Chia Jam














Link to the recipe: http://bit.ly/1eXw5g3

No comments:

Post a Comment