Monday 31 August 2015

Heaven in Your Mouth.

The juicy sweet softness of a fresh peach near the end of summer is deliciously sensual.  What happens when you add some blueberries, and crumbly walnuts and shredded coconut on top with a dash of maple syrup and bake until bubbly?  It's heaven in your mouth.

Here's a simple recipe that is one of the best crisps I've ever eaten- vegan or not. Taken from an awesome blog- 'The Detoxinista'.  You must try. Really.
Link for this recipe is included below.


Not easy to find organic peaches but my On the Move Organics home delivery service knew where to find them. They were so good, I've ordered 4 more boxes this week!






YUM.
And I even had some peaches left over for the freezer. Bonus!


Note: This weekend I happened to see a wild russet apple tree on my bike ride, so I loaded up as many as I could reach and made another crisp!


My hat became my basket!



Russets are a very firm apple so I had to cook them down to soften. Even so, this crisp was firmer than the usual kind.

Making the topping. 




This one didn't make it to the freezer!

Link to the recipe:

No comments:

Post a Comment