Monday 1 June 2015

Crispy Breaded Tofu Strips and Sweet Potato Fries

Every time I buy tofu, I never quite know what I'm going to do with it. But this recipe - paired with a simple leafy salad was perfect. Monday's dinner accomplished. 
Once again, thank you to Angela Liddon for her recipe on her blog "Oh She Glows." 
Much appreciated.


First you need to press the tofu to remove the excess water. I wrapped it in a dish towel, placed it on another folded towel...

...and then placed my cutting board on top with some heavy cans. I left it for 30 minutes 

While it was pressing, I got my spice/bread crumbs mixture and my dipping mixture ready.

Then I cut the tofu into even slices.

And prepared my sweet potato fries seasoning them and adding a little oil.


Into the 400 degree oven they went, for 20 minutes, then after flipping, 20 more.

Prepared a simple salad.
Finished!

A nice easy weekday meal.

Here's the link to the recipe:  http://bit.ly/1GTPvoB

Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment